Apply For An Internship
Our internship program is designed so that you can develop necessary lawyering skills in the context of an environmental and energy law practice. If you are seeking a fall, spring, or summer semester internship, please apply!
We accept application materials on a rolling basis. It is always best to try to secure your fall internship in May or June, your spring internship in October or November, and your summer internship in February or March; however, we can be flexible as we know that student plans can and do change.
We will work with you to make it possible to earn academic credit or obtain public interest funding. If we are not already an approved internship provider at your school, we can work to become one.
We strive to provide an excellent intern experience. You will be asked to do sophisticated research and writing, as well as to participate in client meetings, public hearings, court appearances, and site visits. We ask which skills and areas of knowledge you would most like to acquire, and we facilitate the acquisition through project selection, training, and feedback. Working so closely with our interns affords us the opportunity to be strong professional references for them.
It's hard work, but we have fun too. Our location can't be beat. At the heart of Midtown Detroit, we are surrounded by coffee shops, restaurants, museums and galleries, and are very close to the campus of Wayne State University. There are also plenty of urban and further away destinations for magnificent hiking and biking.
To apply, please do the following:
- Email Oday Salim at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the body of your email, include:
- One or two paragraphs describing your interest in the Center
- Your preference for fall, spring, or summer
- The way you heard about our internship program
- A list of the law school courses you've taken, the ones you're enrolled in at the time of applying, and the ones you plan to take in the future that relate to environmental, energy, administrative, and resource management law
- Attach to your email:
- Your résumé or CV
- A writing sample (anything at all that you're proud of)