The Great Lakes Environmental Law Center was founded to protect the world’s greatest freshwater resource and the communities that depend upon it. Based in Detroit, the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center has a board and staff of dedicated and innovative environmental attorneys to address our most pressing environmental challenges. The Great Lakes Environmental Law Center was also founded on the idea that law students can and must play a significant role in shaping the future of environmental law. In all of our work, law students are one of the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center’s most valuable resources.
- Stopping the spread of aquatic invasive species
- Meeting the challenge of climate change
- Finding alternatives to transbasin water diversions
- Implementing the Great Lakes Compact
- Transitioning to clean energy
- Property Assessed Clean Energy
- Reforming water law
- GLELC Celebration September 11th, 2014
- The 1st Annual BLUE WATER BASH!